nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Montrose Apricot

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Montrose Apricot
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:42:27 -0400

On Apr 24, 2007, at 8:12 PM, Doreen Howard wrote:

Does anyone know if Montrose apricot is self-fertile or does it need a pollinator?  The tree I grew from a pit is flowering for the first time this year.  It's the first fruit tree to blossom by almost a week.  The Asian pears (Korean Giant & Shinseki) are now blooming, and it looks like all the apples and the Saturn peach will flower by the weekend.  After that late Arctic blast and heavy snow, I didn't know if there would be blossoms.  But there are!  Hope springs eternal with fruit growers, I guess.
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b--IL-WI Border

I know that puget gold is self-fertile, since there's not another apricot within a couple of miles.  My understanding is that apricots in general are self-fertile.

Ginda