nafex - [NAFEX] Cold-Hardiness of Northwestern Greening Apple

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cold-Hardiness of Northwestern Greening Apple
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:34:22 -0400 (EDT)

In partial answer to Tanis Grif's question:

Apples for Minnesota and their culinary uses
<http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG1111.html>

After one especially sunny summer in Prince Edward County I saw some
Northwestern Greenings for sale which were very large and of an all-over bright golden colour, at the Campbell Orchards just south and west of Belleville. I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying some and checking out their quality.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

  • [NAFEX] Cold-Hardiness of Northwestern Greening Apple, dwoodard, 04/24/2007