nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Propagation from seed

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Propagation from seed
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:37:29 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Geoffrey,

I put my previously stratified pawpaw seeds in with wet peat moss in a ziploc on top of the freezer (80 degrees) in February.  I check it every 2-3 days, pull out the ones that have started to put out a root, and pot them up.  Important to have 1-2 inches of potting mix on top of the seed.  The then send up leaves about mid-May.

I agree pots should be at least 6-8 inches deep to prevent the tap root from curling up.

Jim