nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bees & 2 Issues

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bees & 2 Issues
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:54:58 -0500

We use the Watchdog Wireless Crop Monitor from Spectrum Technologies (http://www.specmeters.com) along with the SpecLog and Specware software. Specware is the data logging, Report and Alarm Management software that includes T/RH Hours, Daily Light Interval, DIF Temperature, Degree days and summary reports. Specware (Spec 8 Pro) is the Disease and Insect Model software that works with Spec Log. Pricing is:

Watchdog Monitor Temperature System is $395
Watchdog Monitor Temperature/RH System is $445.
Leaf Wetness External Sensor is $89.
Radiation Shield (Required) is $75.
SpecLog is $199.
Spec 8 Pro is $274
Disease and Insect Models for Apple/Pear is $349.

If you just want Degree Days you can get by with the Monitor w/shield and SpecLog for less than $700. We have used the wireless monitor for 2 years now with great results. The monitor transmits data up to 1,000 feet to a base unit(included) which hooks up to your computer via serial/USB cable which is around $25. Prior to the wireless model we used a WatchDog data logger for about 10 years. The wireles monitor is only about $50 more and well worth it. It saves you from having to take your laptop out into the field and download the data to your laptop manually. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com