nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fig question

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fig question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:11:58 -0400

Hi,

You can get cuttings for rooting, along with rooted cuttings and if not
zoned properly they can be potted and winter stored.

If you go to Google and search "buy fresh figs" you will find a number of
sources of fresh fruit.

However, I have seen a news report that indicated that fresh figs are
becoming more available in supermarkets.

My suggestion would be to ask your green grocer if his supplier offers figs
in season. If they cannot help you, contact your local wholesalers of
produce.

Keep in mind that even small retailers have access to wholesale produce. If
you have a friend who runs a pizza shop, they will have full access to
wholesale produce, even though they usually only buy onions, peppers and
mushrooms. Your friend may be willing to bring in some figs for you.

Later,
Tom