nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scions with green tip

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scions with green tip
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

Peter, do you have access to anything already in the ground, either apple
rootstocks
or young tree w/ lots of upright shoots, which you can graft onto? I would
want to
graft those scions as soon as this cold snap is done. Seems a bit much to ask
scions which have broken dormancy to wait 3 weeks in cold storage AND then
mend a
graft union. Especially if you will be bench-grafting onto full dormant
rootstocks.

I've never had good success w/ the timing mis-matched this way. Much better
if the
rootsocks are growing more than the scions!

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail