nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Frost protection(shed)

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Frost protection(shed)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the comment, but the shed ain't gonna help much here!

For my dug pear trees, which were all trying to grow-- and suffering-- I made
the
time to plant them. Watered them in real well, and mulched deeply. Fingers
crossed.

For my apple trees (both the dug & the potted), the ones which I value more I
put in
an unheated room. Maybe not cool enough, but better than the over chilly
shed. The
ones I could loose, happen to be planted in pots, I slid those into the shed
(which
was closer than the house.) Three apple trees went to the neighbors, with
suggestions for beating the cold snap.

--- Donna &/or Kieran <> wrote:

> Hector is down in a hole, he can get away with a single layer of
> protection...
....We got under 4/10 inch of rain in March.