nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: rabbit damage

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: rabbit damage
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:51:03 -0500

"I think it's the Gardens Alive catalog that showed me I needed boron for my strawberries. Stands to reason if they need it, it's deficient here.
I thought gardening was supposed to be fun! Or was that relaxing? "

Hi Toni,

You may know, boron is VERY easy to overdo.  Too much and it can sterilize the soil.  I've read somewhere around 1ppm is about right.  A foot acre of soil weighs about 4 million pounds.  That means if you had NO boron, you would need about 4 lbs./acre of pure boron to bring it up to recommended levels.

Mark
Zone 5 Kansas

  • Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: rabbit damage, Mark & Helen Angermayer, 04/01/2007