nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Off topic - landscaping advice wanted

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Off topic - landscaping advice wanted
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:44:24 -0500

You might want to consider Rhododendron 'Ken Janek' (Rhododendron yakusimanum ' Ken Janek') It has bundant pink flowers and grows 3' by 5' in acid humus well-drained soils. It's one of the smaller rhododendron and we have several around our patio in our stone wall planter that surrounds 2 sides of the patio in a rea that is 3' wide. Also, if you have a basement in your house and the concrete planter has an open bottom, odds are might be a drain tile around your foundation that may be below and close to the planter that keeps it fairly drained. How far are you from Rabbit Run Nursery? (http://www.rabbitrunnursery.com/shrubs.htm) When I Googled the rhododendron, they came up. Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com