nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ignorant Fig Question

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ignorant Fig Question
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:06:19 -0500

The figs flowers are inside the actual fruit. You won't see the flower unless you split open the tiny figlet. The Black mission is self-fertile, does not require caprification. Certain figs such as Calimyrna need to be pollinated by the fig wasp to produce a crop.
Here's some info on this subject.
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/pljune99.htm

Bass samaan
zone 6, Pa