nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and fruit storage

  • From: <reveland@bresnan.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ethylene and fruit storage
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:16:40 -0700

Check out this website on ethylene control. http://www.ethylenecontrol.com/
or just google ethylene control and pick a website at random.
I have never used these products, nor did I know that people try to
control ethylene until you brought it up. Thanks Rodney

----- Original Message ----- From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
Subject: [NAFEX] Ethylene and fruit storage

Although I try to open the
refrigerators that they're stored in daily, or more often, to prevent
ethylene build-up this doesn't seem sufficient. Any ideas on removal of
ethylene from the fridge? I was thinking maybe a couple pounds of activated
carbon/charcoal baked every few weeks to drive off collected gas. Worth a
try or no? Is there anything that works?

Steve Herje Lone Rock, WI