nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Samdal elderberries and Honeycrisp Apples

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Samdal elderberries and Honeycrisp Apples
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:12:14 -0800

On Dec 30, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Doreen Howard wrote:
<x-tad-bigger>Honeycrisp does very well here, too, but colors aren't picture perfect.  There is a reddish blush and lots of green striping to mine.  But....they taste terrific!</x-tad-bigger>

I only discovered Honeycrisp this year and it was entirely due to the coloring. Some of the most beautiful apples I've ever seen. They were the most bizarre mottled green and red. I swear I stood gaping at them in the store until people were nudging me to move along.

Spidra Webster
http://www.myspace.com/meganlynch
http://www.spidra.com