nafex - [NAFEX] P. incarnata (Maypop) seed request

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] P. incarnata (Maypop) seed request
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:39:44 -0500

Greetings,

While maypops grow abundantly on my property, these are not so good compared
to some I have tried over the years. I would like to obtain seeds from
superior fruits to enrich the native population, so that I can hopefully
find selections that are much better flavored. I would be most interested,
although not limited to, seeds from the colder portion of the range, roughly
zones 7 and northward, and from fruits with particularly good flavor, larger
size, or any other interesting traits you may observe. Anyone willing to
help, please contact me off list.

Thanks!

Hal Love
zn 6b TN