nafex - [NAFEX] Clear juice from cider press

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Clear juice from cider press
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:21:47 -0500

The slats of the baskets of my cider press are 1/16" apart and so some pulp invariably slips through. The result is cloudy cider that doesn't usually settle out. To counter this problem, we sewed cotton dish drying towels together to line the inside of the baskets being sure that enough material is extra, on top, to fold over. Now our cider is always crystal clear.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Clear juice from cider press, Jim Fruth, 10/18/2006