nafex - [NAFEX] Squirrels make me very angry

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Squirrels make me very angry
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:14:25 -0500

I'm growing few tropical fruits in containers here in Pa. One of the trees, Sugar apple "Annona Squamosa", had bloomed for the past 2 years. I polinated it by hand to get it to set fruits. Last year it had 4 fruits, I didn't get to taste any. This year I was lucky to get 1 fruit to set. So I cared so much for it making sure the thieves don't get it. I kept it in the greenhouse. The day I decided to go pick it, I saw the squirrel leaving my greenhouse, and no fruit was on the tree. I haven't had any peaches or apples for the past 5 years they've produced.

I"m sure many can share similiar stories. My 2 neighbors have trapped 120 squirrels in 1 year, and they took them about 4 miles away and set them out by the river. A year later we have the same population of squirrels.

Bass

Bethlehem, pa

Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com