nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit to give away

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit to give away
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:43:06 -0500

Re (from Scott Willianson)
If there good is fruit just going to waste why not contact a local
charity and see if they would be able to pick and use it?

Last year I was getting more red raspberries than we needed. I didn't have time to pick them, so I made up a sign saying "FREE, pick your own raspberries." The director told me that the sign probably wouldn't do any good. His clients desperately want raspberries but only if I pick and bring them. Just in case, we hung the sign anyway and we hung it where it could not be missed. The director was right. Nobody came. The berries ripened and fell on the ground with no one to pick them.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
(218)568-8483 [Store]