nafex - [NAFEX] 2 pawpaws in 1 hole

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] 2 pawpaws in 1 hole
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:05:40 -0500

In a recent post in plant talk at eat-it.com, a person asked what can he do in a small space if he doesn't have room for more than one tree. We all know the need to plant at least 2 pawpaw trees for pollination, but not all have the skill for grafting. Michael Mckoncky suggested planting 2 Pawpaw trees in one hole.

Have anyone tried to plant 2 pawpaws in a hole?

I'm guessing they both will have to be the same size or one will eventually kill the other.

I'm wondering how the trunk would look like in few years. would both trunk be eventually one?

Bass S.

zone 6, Bethlehem, Pa