nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Tree/Red Bayberry

  • From: "Doc Lisenby" <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Tree/Red Bayberry
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:36:43 -0400

I couldn't get an email to you via your email address. (error--invalid local address)
Members please indulge me for sending this through the site. It may interest some of you.

My county agent told me there was one on the farm he was renting but I never
got to see it. He lived about five miles from me until he moved in 1995 to
Kentucky.or West Virginia. His name is Henry Burkwatt PhD He said that he had seen several
on farms as novelty plants around here. I am in Chesterfield County, South Carolina on the
border of Zone 7/8. Near Chesterfield.
If Henry is still up there you may be interested in contacting him.
I would like to get one to try it out if you find a supply of trees. I want
to order some nut trees from you if you are back at your nursery and taking
orders.
Doc Lisenby