nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Worm in apple rootstock

  • From: nbeaureg@student.umass.edu
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, bruce <rural@threeriverwb.net>
  • Cc: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Worm in apple rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:23:59 -0400

if the grub has not girdeled the tree,
that is if there is half or more of the cambium
still intact the tree will likely be fine.
perhaps, though, not so good for grafting?
my guess is dogwood borer.
i found what i think was one a week ago,
i did not see the grub, poked at the large wound
with a wire till i saw somthing moist.

i have been told these can get quite large.