nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Margerine & lard & Beurre Gifard

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Margerine & lard & Beurre Gifard
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:02:22 -0500

------- Original Message -------
>From : mangodance[mailto:bmn@iglou.com]
Sent : 8/5/2006 3:47:23 PM
To : nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Cc :
Subject : RE: Re: [NAFEX] Margerine & lard & Beurre Gifard

Even when I ate meat, I never cared for lard. I always preferred the
taste of butter.

Barry,
I'm not advocating lard sandwiches, LOL; I'd a whole lot rather have butter
on my toast.
I don't make pie crusts, so lard pretty much comes into play only in biscuits
- and I use both lard & butter in mine.
Bacon grease gets heavy use, though, in most things that call for a fat other
than butter.

Vegetable oil used here is usually peanut oil.
It may be 'urban legend', but with all the scary stuff I've seen about canola
oil, I stay far away from any of the cheap vegetable oil products containing
canola.

LLP