nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bird netting

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: <ec_pasour@ncsu.edu>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bird netting
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:14:38 -0500

I built a permanent cage around my 7 or 8 blueberries, using treated 4x4
posts in the corners and midway in the length, and 2x4s between the posts to
support 1" mesh chicken wire. The cage is about 6 feet tall, 5 feet wide,
and 25 feet long, with an old screen door in the middle of one side for
access. I plan to build another one for a new row of blueberries. It is
over 10 years old and some of the chicken wire is starting to show rust.

Jim