nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Processing Passion Fruit??

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: <nottke1@earthlink.net>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Processing Passion Fruit??
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:21:03 -0700

For just a few, cut them in half crosswise, scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon, put that into a strainer, and press the juice through with the back of a spoon or very small sauce ladle.

I like to add soda water, rum if you want, sugar or honey to taste, and ice, of course.  But there’s lots of things you can do.  Mix with honey and top ice cream or pancackes, for example.  For something like that, I just scoop, I don’t strain.  I like the crunchy little seeds sometimes.

Stephen