nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:20:03 -0400

Is this:

On Jul 23, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

I have one variety of one species that I do sell plants from. The
berries aren't quite as big as Fort Kent (it has fewer druplets per berry)
and it doesn't produce quite as many fruits as Fort Kent but the plant only
achieves 5' of height as compared to Fort Kent's 7'. It has an acceptable
number of small, relatively soft thorns. It is winter hardy with a
good-tasting berry that hangs on until harvested.

the zone 3 blackberry you want to release? Did you breed it yourself, or find it?

I have no idea what the demand would be, and i can't think why someone would reject a plant for being found rather than intentionally bred. But if you have any info on its genetics/ parents, I'm sure some people on this list would find it interesting.

Ginda