nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ferbam IS available in the U.S.

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ferbam IS available in the U.S.
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:54:50 -0700

Check your nurseries, which should have a wider selection than hardware stores.  Copper/sulfur fungicides are widely available (and organically approved), and Serenade – which you could use instead of Mycoshield, particularly if you want to be organic – is also pretty widely available (I’ve seen it in drug stores, and Wal Mart carries it).  I do try to get my supplies from local nurseries when possible and cost effective.  Sometimes online is less expensive, and you can certainly find a wider selection.

Stephen