nafex - Re: [NAFEX] blackberries

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] blackberries
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:56:44 -0700

About a small market crop? I know my coop grocery buys from growers with
that quantity. Here most markets that will buy from smaller growers only
buy organic. He could also perhaps sell, directly or through a vendor, at a
farmer's market.
Freezing and pie-making is a great suggestion. The frozen berries also make
great smoothies, and blackberry juice blends well with other juices, like
apple.

Stephen Sadler