nafex - [NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust Again

  • From: Zeugitai <zeugitai@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust Again
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:12:05 -0500

This has been my year for putting in apple trees and finding out about cedar apple rust. It appeared on each and every variety I planted: Macintosh, red delicious, arkansas black, yellow delicious, granny smith, and winesap. Yes, that's each and every one.  I destroyed the one big red cedar that was on my property and later growth of leaves on all the trees is beautiful and untainted; but the growths that appeared in the spring have developed. It's quite and ugly mess. Yes, I had sprayed in the springtime, but perhaps my timing was off.  So much for resistance.

Mark
AR  6B

  • [NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust Again, Zeugitai, 07/14/2006