nafex - [NAFEX] off-topic: moving asparagus

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] off-topic: moving asparagus
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:58:53 -0400

Well, it's vegetable, but it's right next to the raspberries in my garden. It is getting difficult to slither between the raspberries and the asparagus, and the foot-stones I put in the garden are impinging the asparagus, so I thought it might be worth trying to move the asparagus 6-12 inches south. These are mature plants, and I imagine they have a large root structure.

Any advice, suggestions, etc.? What time of year would you dig?

Thanks,
Ginda