nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Question

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry Question
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:34:55 -0400

On May 26, 2006, at 7:43 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

My strawberries have a problem that I've not seen before and I've got a
file full of information about strawberry diseases and what ails my plants
isn't mentioned: The flowers appear normal but, before the petals drop off,
their centers turn black and no berry forms. I can't blame it on weather
because it has been normal on into the bloom. Has anyone ever seen this?
Do you know what it is?
--

I have seen this as a result of frost damage, but I've never seen it when there hadn't been cold weather.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly