nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apricot scion

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apricot scion
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:28:03 -0800

Craig Ledbetter, who has worked with the Hunza apricots, notes that they have very little disease resistance because they were in such an isolated area for so many generations. No resistance to brown rot, etc. Craig worked mostly with seedlings from seed brought back by Dr. Maxine Thompson, who collected the Hunza material. Craig also noted that the fruit tends to be small.
-Lon Rombough