nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Antonovka

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Antonovka
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:09:38 GMT

You could cut it off at an angle (so rain runs off) and bark or cleft graft
around the stump, only letting one of the scions turn into a new trunk.
I read, maybe mistakenly, that Antonovka rootstocks are seedlings; why go
into vegetative repro? You lose the advantages of seed growing--ease, and
reduced disease concerns.
Muffy

-- tanis grif wrote:
That reminds me to ask, I have a cultivar which I plan to discard which was
grafted
to an Ant rootstock. I plan to cut this tree down, below the graft, and have
been
pondering whether to destroy the stump or to try making a stooling bed out of
it.
Comments?