nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seed Savers Exchange Grapes

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seed Savers Exchange Grapes
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:21:09 -0800

Nothing of Elmer's stuff has any restriction on it, so the SSE should be able to offer material. It depends on if they have the labor available to do so. I presume. A number of growers freely gave Elmer "royalties" to repay him for his work, but before he died he asked that to be stopped when he died. His heirs didn't need the money and keeping track of it would have been too difficult.
The SSE did add other cold hardy grapes to the collection, partly for preservation and partly to have as many varieties as could succeed there as possible.
-Lon Rombough