nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brown Rot, Black Knot, Borer Resistance

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brown Rot, Black Knot, Borer Resistance
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:45:53 -0600

At 07:23 AM 2/10/2006, Jim wrote:
Thanks for you post that your beach plums are brown
rot resistant. Anyone else seen that where you have brown rot pressure?

One factor, at least in my orchard, is that they seem to be quite a bit later-maturing than my other plums - though I've not really paid much attention to bloom time - but fruits are developing when the really wet/rainy period we typically encounter in spring is prety well past.

So...I'm not really saying that they're brown rot resistant, but that I've not noticed it to be a problem on mine.

Lucky