nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fungicides

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fungicides
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:22:29 -0600

Sorry I sent such little information the first time. My 2 1/2 year old grandson came down for a little visit!
You may already be aware of the cultural practices to manage your twig blight, but make sure you prune and destroy infected twigs and branches. It is also possible for both Kabatina and Phomopsis twig blight to occur on the same plant. If only Phomopsis is present, apply the azoxystrobin, thiophanate methyl, or copper when new growth is present. I would recommend a good copper spray before new buds break in spring also, but be sure to follow the recommended frequency in the spray guide for whichever chemical you use. We use Kocide almost exclusively for our copper spray but you can use any of the recommended sprays. http://www.ppath.cas.psu.edu/EXTENSION/PLANT_DISEASE/aborvit.html will give you the trade name for other choices, including the ones you have mentioned and will also give you recommendations on the possibility of Kabatina. Try http://store.yahoo.com/btgrowersupply/kocidetno.html Growers Supply for the Kocide. They usually have the smaller quantity in stock. Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "AK" <AKManty@highstream.net>