nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Violette Bourdeau Fig

  • From: "Pete Benfield" <kc5gxc@isp.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Violette Bourdeau Fig
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:10:57 -0600

Hi
I bought a Violette Bourdeau (sp) fig and planted in Pearl River, La (southern LA). It grew well, upwards...unlike other figs I had..not spreading much but very high....It had lots of purple figs and they formed off the main limbs. None were edible...all dry and leathery and tasteless. The leaves were delicate and "fingery" looking. Can't remember where I got it. Kept waiting for a year it would make edible figs...it's still growing like a weed there...I moved. I did bring a cutting with me to MS, just to have it.
Pete

  • Re: [NAFEX] Violette Bourdeau Fig, Pete Benfield, 01/25/2006