nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pickled Walnuts

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pickled Walnuts
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:29:14 -0500

I bought some fresh green Juglans regia from a street vendor in western China and they must do something with them because they weren't pleasant to eat. You might try to find the recipe in a Mongolian cookbook because my Chinese companion wasn't familiar with any way to prepare them. She mentioned that the people's fare near the Mongolian border differed greatly from known Chinese dishes and that they were experts in preserving foods. Pickling, as you know, is a method of food preservation.
Doc Lisenby

  • Re: [NAFEX] Pickled Walnuts, Doc Lisenby, 01/16/2006