nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Temperature Converter

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher.ls@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Temperature Converter
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:59:35 -0500

I also now use Google for this sort of conversion, especially when I'm away from my computer! A feature I'm finding more and more useful is the ability to "Google" via SMS Text Messaging from my phone. It's fast and when I'm careful in my search term selection, it often gives me the info I'm after on the first try.

To use it, send a Text Message from your phone to "GOOGL" (46645) with your search terms. In a few seconds you'll receive a test message back with an answer.

I just tried it with the "10 F to C" example and got back a single response: "Google Calculator: 20 degrees Fahrenheit = -6.66666667 degrees Celsius"

:-)

Pete Chrisbacher
SE PA - Zone 6B