nafex - [NAFEX] Apples for Saskatchewan

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apples for Saskatchewan
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 07:04:54 -0600

Bernie,
I've got an old Bear Creek catalog that has quite a long list of apples
that are recommended for your climate. In the description of each, many
either specifically that it is known to have survived in Saskatchewan and
or survived -46° F in Fairbanks Alaska:
Breakey
Chinese Golden Early
Dolgo Crab
Early Harvest
Fireside
Haralson
Heyer 12
Heyer 20
Lord's Seedling
Lowland Raspberry
Noran
Noret
Norland
Norson
Nova Easygro
Oriole
Parkland
Red Gravenstein
Vista Bella
Wolf River
Yellow Transparent
Of the above, I've got Parkland (one of my favorites - Bought it from
Bear Creek) and I've got Yellow Transparent (Bought from St. Lawrence
Nursery - no fruit yet at 6 yrs. old).
If you are up to the task of restarting an orchard, I could forward some
scionwood to you. No doubt other NAFEXers mighthave some of the other
varieties.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm