nafex - [NAFEX] Sour Cherry Rootstocks

  • From: Ken Schramm <compleatmeadmaker@wowway.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sour Cherry Rootstocks
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:47:23 -0500

I'm interested in propagating a sour cherry tree that was on my property when I purchased it, but has been hit hard by borers. I'd like to graft a few scions to rootstock, but everyplace I've found on line seems to be selling cherry rootstocks by the hundreds. I've got room for a few more trees, but great hoppin' cherry pits: I don't know what I'd do with a hundred.

Anyone have any recommendations on where I can get Mazzard or Mahaleb rootstocks by the dozen, maybe?

Thanks,
Ken Schramm
Troy, MI
Zone 5