nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Accessing NAFEX archives with password, etc.

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Accessing NAFEX archives with password, etc.
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:56:09 -0500

On Dec 3, 2005, at 12:11 PM, tanis cuff wrote:
. . .

I also wonder: if I want to show a great posting to someone, like forwarding
good info to another gardener, do I need to get permission from the poster,
the list guru, or both?

The copyright belongs to the author unless he has explicitly given it away, so you ought to get permission from the poster. There is a "fair use" exception to copyright for "educational" purposes and "reviews". I think if you wanted to forward a small piece to a potential NAFEXer to show them what they can get if they sign up, that's probably legal without any formal permission, although it's always polite to ask.

Ginda