nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Request for fireblight info

  • From: martha_davis@highstream.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Request for fireblight info
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:20:45 -0500

here are my thoughts about getting into open conversations with NAFEX
members.
Joining NAFEX, and
1) Get on the list serve.
2) Go to the annual meetings I usually end up learning as much by talking to
other people at a meeting as I do from the actual talks.
3)Purchase a NAFEX directory and write to people in your area. This sometimes
developes into phone or email conversations or garden walks or fruit tastings.
4) Contact people who have similar interests based on their Pomona articles.
5)Join any fruit related more local group if one exists such as MidFEX or the
Home Orchard society. I'm not sure where his local is. These may not be good
choices, and there may or may not be something in his area.
6)Join one or more NAFEX interest groups.
7) Many NAFEXers may be glad to talk to other folks about fruit, but contact
info should be handed out only with the members permission.

Martha