nafex - Re: [NAFEX] blueberries and fertilizer

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] blueberries and fertilizer
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:21:15 -0500

Regardless of whether you expose newly transplanted blueberry roots to soy, cottonseed, or chemical fertilizer, the blueberry will die.  Blueberries are just a little sensitive and will die exposed to it on their roots.

Lee Reich talked about soy worked on surface over an area, not dug in with roots.
Charlie Paradise

 My understanding was that cottonseed meal was quite acidic, which would be particularly beneficial for blueberries, though I suppose that elemental sulfur would make up for this if soybean meal were used. Steve H. Lone Rock, WI