nafex - [NAFEX] Need transplant Instructions

  • From: beth mccrindle <bvmcc@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Need transplant Instructions
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

Several years ago, I went to an Iowa State University
Extension Service grafting Fieldday. I grafted 2 trees
on Bud9, one graft held, the other didn't. I put the
rootstock in my garden awaiting a new scion.Our good
NAFEX friend Mr Elliot sent me one of products of his
breeding program and I grafted early this summer.
Everyting looks good and I would like to move the tree
out of my garden to a better spot in my backyard
"orchard".
Any suggestions on how to go about doing the
transplant? Also, should I do it as soon the the
ground thaws?
After grafting, several branches have grown on the
rootstock. I would like to remove them this fall so I
can protect the tree. Any problem?
Due to the late freezes, very few apples in Northeast
Iowa this season. i have savoured the few that somehow
made it! Kevin McCrindle Waterloo, IA Southern edge
of Zone 4.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

  • [NAFEX] Need transplant Instructions, beth mccrindle, 10/08/2005