nafex - [NAFEX] What apple is this? Winesap?

  • From: "Joshua Van Camp" <jvancamp@tc3net.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] What apple is this? Winesap?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 01:01:26 -0400 (EDT)

These apples come from an old apple tree in my yard in rural southeast MI.
The tree
is probably 50-60 years old on a standard rootstock. The tree is bearing
some fruit
now, but the tree also has a substantial amount of fruit that is still
turning and
just now showing color. Most of the fruit still in the tree seems to be a bit
larger then most of the groundfalls I am currently getting.

Sorry for the size of the pics...
http://www.msu.edu/~vancamp2/apple/DSC01490.JPG
http://www.msu.edu/~vancamp2/apple/DSC01492.JPG

Is this Winesap? Any other possibilities?

-Josh Van Camp
jvancamp@tc3net.com
Jasper, MI