nafex - Re: [NAFEX] honey locusts

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] honey locusts
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:09:15 -0500

Unfortunately, information on using honeylocust pods as human food
appears to be next to nonexistent. Traditional medical uses, however,
abound:

Uses of honeylocust and folk medicine:
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Gleditsia_triacanthos.htm
l#Uses

Info on how Native Americans used honeylocust medicinally:
http://www.worldagroforestry.org/sea/Products/AFDbases/af/asp/SpeciesInf
o.asp?SpID=911#Uses's