nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [Indiana Nut Growers] Honeylocust

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nutgrowers@yahoogroups.com, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [Indiana Nut Growers] Honeylocust
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:31:35 -0500

Lon,
You've probably seen this one, and may have it in your library(I haven't looked to see if the NNGA or NAFEX lending libraries have it), but I'm pretty sure J.Russell Smith addressed honeylocust  somewhere in his Tree Crops, A Permanent Agriculture, first published in 1929.
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/smith/treecropsToC.html

Several years back, someone referenced some work that had been done at Auburn University, looking at honeylocust as a source of livestock forage & feed - back in the '40s, if I recall correctly.

Lucky

  • Re: [NAFEX] [Indiana Nut Growers] Honeylocust, Lucky Pittman, 08/24/2005