nafex - [NAFEX] Southern Fruit Fellowship meeting

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Southern Fruit Fellowship meeting
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

I think most people on here knows abou this event, but
just in case....

COME TO BLAIRSVILLE

The annual meeting of the Southern Fruit
Fellowship
will be held Thursday evening September 29 through

Saturday morning October 1 in Blairsville, GA.
Highlights will include a tours of apple
houses/packing facilities/farm markets, Johnson
Nursery-a local fruit and ornamental nursery, and
perhaps a winery. I also hope to be able to visit
with Jim Lawson, a pioneer of preserving the
heritage
apples of this area. We also hope to have speakers
as
well so mark your calendars but most importantly:

Call the hotel asap; This is high season for
agritourism
in this areas and hotel space may be limited. A
block
of 15 rooms has been set aside at the Holiday Inn
Express/Blairsville for $76/night. To receive this
special price call the hotel at 706 745 6844 and
mention that you are with the group Southern Fruit

Fellowship with confirmation number 68944484.

For more information contact Robert Hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com

Southern Fruit Fellowship (SFF)
www.NAFEX.org/SFF
Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS) www.SPEPS.net