nafex - [NAFEX] Tissue Culture - anyone tried this yet

  • From: Kevin Bradley <edibleforestnursery@edibleforestnursery.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tissue Culture - anyone tried this yet
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:17:10 -0500

I've also tried my hand at it. I bought an old hood that needed a filter custom fit, I never got that done and so used the steam method (you fill the area with steam which makes the spores and such travel with the steam to the surfaces of an interior space rather than in the air.) It worked and I succeeded in sterilizing a few jars but due to the hassle of the steam method, didn't get back to it. I would definitely get a good, Hepa hood. You can get around the expensive scale by purchasing pre measured ingredients, kitchen culture is very helpful. If you succeed, let me know, I might send some business your way!
kevin bradley

www.edibleforestnursery.com

EDIBLE FOREST NURSERY
PO BOX 260195
MADISON, WI 53711

  • [NAFEX] Tissue Culture - anyone tried this yet, Kevin Bradley, 08/07/2005