nafex - [NAFEX] More on Tom Vorbeck

  • From: Kevin Bradley <edibleforestnursery@edibleforestnursery.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] More on Tom Vorbeck
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:28:00 -0500

They were apples from Vorbeck's that gave me the first taste of fruits that i could grow in the far north, it was a below zero night when I invited 6 close friends in northern WI for an apple tasting, they trekked through the snow to a kerosene lit, 10 by 13 foot cabin where, by the heat of a Russian fire stove we tasted some of the best apples that could be grown in the far north: Sweet 16 among them. They were these friends who encouraged me to propagate these fruits and start my nursery. Thank you Tom for the inspiration, and may you rest in peace.
kevin Bradley

www.edibleforestnursery.com

EDIBLE FOREST NURSERY
PO BOX 260195
MADISON, WI 53711

  • [NAFEX] More on Tom Vorbeck, Kevin Bradley, 08/04/2005