nafex - [NAFEX] More on Tom Vorbeck

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] More on Tom Vorbeck
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:04:32 -0500

I passed along the posts from people on this list about Tom to his wife Jill. She was very touched by Charles Paradise's and felt that he eloquently described what Tom tried to do in fruit exploring.

I suggest that the post be printed in the next Pomona, as many of those who knew Tom in Nafex don't subscribe to this list.

There will be memorial service for Tom on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Liberty Church in Jacksonville, IL, if any of you live in the area. It will be an opportunity to say a few words and enjoy the fellowship of Tom's many friends. Tom's wishes were that no flowers be sent. I'm sure Jill would appreciate a card, though.
Doreen Howard