nafex - [NAFEX] Clove Currant Jam Ideas

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Clove Currant Jam Ideas
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:35:30 -0400

Lee and all,
Freezer space permitting, we freeze clove currants, then briefly cook
in limited amounts in a saucepan, sweeten to taste, then use on
pancakes, waffles, icecream, etc. (Use arrowroot powder if thickener
desired.) We put the what's leftover in a jar and refrigerate to have
on bread for lunch. As noted, most of the other Ribes (gooseberries
and currants) have enough pectin for their own thickener. This method
uses all the fruit, so can stretch the amount available.

Richard Moyer
East Tennessee

  • [NAFEX] Clove Currant Jam Ideas, Richard Moyer, 07/29/2005